No matter how you spell it, hummus is a delicious, nutritious and simple to make dip or spread that works just as great on a sandwich as it does as a topping for raw veggies.
- 1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), rinsed
- 1/3 Lemon (juiced)
- 2-3 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (more or less as needed)
- 1 clove Garlic
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Green Olives
- Roasted Jalapeno peppers (fresh is good too, but hot!)
- Pesto (yes, pesto!)
1. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt and tahini to food processor and process until smooth. Drizzle olive oil into the processor as it runs.
2. Add optional ingredients to taste (don’t be afraid to experiment!)