Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can mild chili beans with liquid
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 1 can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- salt & pepper
- cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Sauté onion and garlic.
2. Add beans and lentil, spices and herbs and cook down for 5-7 minutes.
3. Transfer to a covered casserole dish.
4. Top with vegetables, corn and mashed potatoes.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
6. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving