Slow Cooker Beans & Rice
- 1/2 lbs dry pintos
- 1 large onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 packet of kosher pareve gravy (your choice of flavor, must be pareve)
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 Tablespoon salt
1. Begin by soaking the beans overnight.
2. Drain and rinse beans and place them in the crock pot.
3. Add onion and garlic, then cover with water so that the beans have room enough to double in size.
4. Cook on high 4 hours.
5. Add rice and cook another hour. Add water if needed.
6. Add gravy mix and salt and cook half an hour.