Organic Pet Food is Healthier and Safer for Your Pet
Ever wonder why some people reach for the bag of expensive organic dog food or the cans of pricey organic cat foods when out shopping? It’s because they know the benefits of organic pet food. True, they are more expensive, and with food costing more than ever, you may not be able to swing it. But you can consider making some small life changes that will allow you to buy organic foods for your pet, which are far healthier and safer for your beloved pet.
Maybe you can work organic food into your budget by foregoing a few extra lunches out at work one week. Bring your own sandwich and, over the course of a few weeks, you will find enough extra in your budget to get kitty the best food available. Or skip the car wash and wash your own car, invest in a dry cleaning kit for your home dryer and skip the dry cleaner, or brew your coffee at home instead of getting that $5 latte. If you put your mind to it, you can find small sacrifices that are worth making for your pet.
So what is so great about organic pet food anyway? You know organic food is good for you, but it’s also good for your pet. Here are some of the main ways it will help your pet:
- Organic pet foods help your pet have more energy. Without the fillers and chemicals in many store brand dog foods, your pet gets pure nutrition which his body can put into action. He won’t be as sluggish and he won’t gain as much weight. Pets, just like people, suffer many ailments from being overweight, so you’re helping your pet live a pain-free life by keeping him at the right weight with a nutritious diet.
- Organic pet food does not contain steroids, hormones, fillers, antibiotics or other toxic or questionable ingredients. Because the food is regulated and purely organic, there are no “byproducts” or “bone meal.” You don’t even want to know what’s in bone meal.
- Organic pet foods help your pet remain allergy-free and help them grow and maintain a healthier coat. Dogs and cats that have flaky, itchy skin are usually allergic to some of the toxins in their foods. Unless you’re using chemical bath products on him (and if you are, switch to natural organic soaps), your pet is probably allergic to the food he is eating. Go organic and you will notice his skin is clearer and his eyes are brighter. His nose will probably stop running and you’ll all feel better.
- Does your dog have foul breath, stinky gas and a gurgling, bloated stomach? You may think it’s normal for dogs to have doggie breath, but it’s not. A healthy dog doesn’t have toxic breath and his belly should not be bloated. If your dog is experiencing bloat and diarrhea or other bowel issues, you may see quite an improvement if you switch to organic pet food. Many dogs and cats are allergic to the grain fillers in cheap pet food, but organic pet foods don’t contain any of those grains.
- Does your pet get sick a lot? Cats have been known to come down with respiratory viruses and dogs with kennel cough if their immune systems are out of whack. An organic diet will help your pet build up a healthy immune system and he won’t catch as many bugs. He will feel better and not have down days when he’s not feeling up to playing.
- Organic pet foods will also help your dog or cat live longer. It’s a fact that a healthy, organic diet will help your dog have fewer ailments, feel and look younger, and suffer less. Your pet does not have to succumb to joint pain or arthritis as he ages. Give him plenty of exercise, water, and organic food and see how young he acts in his older years. Your pet will healthier overall and he may even live well past any usual dog or cat age on record.
Organic pet foods are a good idea whether you skimp a little on the ice cream budget or whether you make your pet’s food yourself. You will be investing in a healthier and toxic free pet who will be part of the family long into the future. Providing organic food today will make for many happy, pain-free days for your animals later in life. It’s a wise move and doesn’t take that much extra effort.
Clean out your cabinets and go for fresh, healthy organic pet food alternatives. You will see the change in your pet right away and especially during meal time, you will notice he is happier and finishes every morsel. Finicky kitties will even lick their plates clean when organic is on the menu. Watch and see the good organic pet foods can do.