When it comes to on-the-go meals, they don’t get much easier than this. Lunch burritos are a favorite among the teen set because they look similar to what their non-veg friends would eat.
- flour tortillas
- 1 cup leftover red, black, pinto or kidney beans
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- diced onion (red, yellow or spring)
OTHER OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- julienned zucchini or squash
- julienned cucumber
1. Using a fork, partially mash the beans to give the consistency of refried beans.
2. Down the center of a flour tortilla placed on a plate or cutting board, spread half of the mashed bean mixture, followed by lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, diced onions and other ingredients of your liking.
3. Fold the end closest to your body away from you about 2 inches, then fold the left side inward about two thirds of the way, then the right side inwards to form a burrito.
4. If you have the time, heat your burritos by frying them very slightly in a teaspoon of oil heated in a nonstick skillet.
5. Top with salsa and sour cream and serve. YUM!