- 2/3 cup navy beans, canned
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1/4 cup water
1. Put everything in the food processor or blender and mix until thick and creamy.
Everyone loves it, but not everyone can make it.
- 4-5 Fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 limes
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- whole kernel corn
- black beans
- chili powder
1. Clean and chop tomatoes and place them in a large glass or plastic bowl (no metal). No need to peel them.
2. Put half of the tomatoes in a blender or food processor along with the juice of 2 limes and 1 lemon and 1 jalapeno (seeded). Blend until fairly smooth and add to the chopped tomatoes.
3. Finely chop onion and green pepper and add to the bowl of tomatoes.
4. Stir well to mix and add salt to taste.
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, soaked for 24 hours
- 1/2 cup celery (about half a stalk)
- 1 cup carrot (1 small carrot)
- 2-3 spring onions
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
1. Place almonds and veggies in a blender and mix until smooth. Add lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
2. This makes a great veggie dip to use at the center of any party tray. Everyone loves this almond dip!
- 1 large cucumber
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons dill
- 1/8th cup lime juice
- salt and pepper
1. Peel and shred cucumber and drain liquid into a bowl through cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer. Retain liquid.
2. Add all ingredients (except liquid) into a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Slowly introduce the liquid to make the mixture creamier and continue to process to desired consistency.
No matter how you spell it, hummus is a delicious, nutritious and simple to make dip or spread that works just as great on a sandwich as it does as a topping for raw veggies.
- 1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), rinsed
- 1/3 Lemon (juiced)
- 2-3 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (more or less as needed)
- 1 clove Garlic
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Green Olives
- Roasted Jalapeno peppers (fresh is good too, but hot!)
- Pesto (yes, pesto!)
1. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt and tahini to food processor and process until smooth. Drizzle olive oil into the processor as it runs.
2. Add optional ingredients to taste (don’t be afraid to experiment!)